Hydration and Safety Tips
Please note, the weather forecast calls for sunny and HOT weather this week. With that being said, please see below for important information regarding the hot weather forecast.
- Volunteers may bring an EMPTY reusable plastic or metal cup/bottle that is no larger than 32 ounces. There will be water filling stations throughout the course to fill your cup/bottle in the following locations:
- Volunteer Headquarters (tournament provided)
- SO Cool Zone (tournament provided)
- The Deck presented by Maestro Dobel Tequila
- #2 Green (East Lake Golf Club Permanent Water Station)
- #16 Green (East Lake Golf Club Permanent Water Station)
- #7 Tee (East Lake Golf Club Permanent Water Station)
- Volunteer Headquarters is stocked with both water and Powerade. Please grab a couple water bottles and put them in your volunteer bag so that you have additional sources of hydration if needed.
- If you are feeling unwell, please find the nearest person with a radio (your committee chair, a PGA TOUR Staff member, a Vice Chair) and ask them to call for first aid. If you see a spectator or another volunteer who is unwell, please follow the same steps. First aid will come much faster than calling 911, as they are located on course.
- If you feel overheated, please take a break. Be sure to let your chair know so they can supplement your volunteer role during your break.
- Drink water starting the night before your shifts.
- Do not lock your knees while standing at your volunteer post, as that can lead to fainting.